This page has moved. If you want to refer a family to us, please visit apply.familyholidayassociation.org.uk/
1. How long are these breaks? open accordion arrow
Breaks at Tingdene parks are between 3 or 4 nights long, depending on availability.
Breaks at Mother Ivey's Bay are 7 nights long, from Saturday to Saturday.
2. Where are the breaks? open accordion arrow
Waterside is in Corton, a clifftop village just north of the popular seaside resort of Lowestoft. Broadlands is on the inland side of Lowestoft, and backs onto the beautiful Oulton Broad and the open countryside of the Broads national park.
Mother Ivey's Bay is situated on Cornwall's exceptional north coast, with stunning views of Trevose Head and Constantine Bay.
3. What is included with the break? open accordion arrow
Accomodation at both Tingdene sites and at Mother Ivey's Bay is offered free of charge. On top of this we can normally make a contribution towards the family's expenses for travel, food or activities.
At Tingdene sites, accommodation is self-catered, and linen is included at no extra cost, but towels aren't provided. Electricity is on a meter at Broadlands (not Waterside) but the cost is likely to only be a few pounds. There is a swimming pool at each site that families have access to. Cots or highchairs are available - please let us know if this is something the family will need and we can arrange this with the site.
Breaks at Mother Ivey’s Bay include accommodation in a 2 bed caravan self-catering caravan with bedding, gas and electricity. Towels are not provided. Smoking is not allowed in caravans.
4. I am working with a family who have been offered a quieter break, how do we make a booking? open accordion arrow
If your application is successful we will let you know by email or letter. Once you receive this call us on 020 3117 0651 to discuss availability (Monday - Friday, lines open between 9am and 5pm).
5. What are the terms of the offer? open accordion arrow
If offered a break you must abide by the Family Holiday Association’s terms and conditions.
The family and referrer must agree that:
- The offer cannot be transferred to another family. It is only for the family and family members named on the application form.
- The offer is valid for a limited time. Offers not taken up in time will be withdrawn.
- The offer has no cash value. If the family has to cancel their break they cannot claim a cash alternative.
- If the family is unable to go on the holiday the Family Holiday Association must be notified immediately. Failure to do so may jeopardise future applications from your organisation.
- The family and referrer must complete holiday feedback forms within four weeks of returning from the holiday. Failure to do so may jeopardise future applications.
6. Are there any adults in the family age 21 or over? open accordion arrow
There must be at least one adult aged 21 or above. If everyone in the family is under the age of 21, they must take someone older (like a grandparent or family friend) with them.
7. How many people can go on these breaks? open accordion arrow
Breaks at Tingdene's Broadlands site can sleep 4 or 5 people: 1 double room, 1 twin room, and a z-bed in the lounge if necessary.
Breaks at Tingdene's Waterside site sleep up to 5 people: 1 double room, 1 twin room and a single.
Breaks at Mother Ivey's Bay can sleep up to 4 people.
8. What activities will there be for the family at the park? open accordion arrow
For more thorough information on all sites, check their websites:
There are swimming pools on site at both Tingdene sites but not at Mother Ivey's Bay.
Tingdene's Broadlands site is on the inland side of Lowestoft, backing onto Oulton Broad, and it is a short drive from the site to the beach. Waterside and Mother Ivey's Bay are on the coast, with beach access.
All sites have a shop and a restaurant, but these are much quieter breaks than those at Haven or Butlin's parks. These breaks are much better suited to families with their own transport, who will use the site as a base to explore the local area.
If a family would prefer a break with more to do on site, or would be unlikely to leave the site during their break, consider applying for a short break at a Haven or Butlin's site instead.
9. What about travel insurance? open accordion arrow
Thanks to the support of Citybond Suretravel we can provide free travel insurance for all families that are offered a break in the UK, subject to pre-existing medical conditions. The insurance information will be sent with the offer - see also www.citybond.co.uk.
10. Can the family take extra people with them on their break? open accordion arrow
If the family feels they need support, taking along another trusted, responsible adult can help make the break more enjoyable (e.g. a close friend or grandparent). Think about this before you apply as the breaks are for a maximum of 4 people at Mother Ivey's Bay or 5 or 6 people at the Tingdene sites.
11. The family has a baby – do they need to take a cot, high chair etc? open accordion arrow
At Tingdene sites and at Mother Ivey's Bay cots and highchairs can be provided at no cost to the family. Please let us know if a family will need this and we can arrange it.
12. The family would like to travel with their pet - is this possible? open accordion arrow
At both Tingdene sites families are welcome to travel with a single well-behaved dog. Please tick the relevant box on the application form or give us a call if this is what the family would like to do.
At Mother Ivey's Bay families cannot take a pet with them.
13. One of the family members uses a wheelchair. Does the park provide disabled access? open accordion arrow
These sites cannot provide fully adapted disabled accommodation. If this is what a family needs, you will need to consider applying for a different break - please ring us to discuss their needs.
Both Tingdene sites are fairly flat, though beach access at Waterside is down a steep slope and is unsuited to people with mobility issues. Doors in accommodation at Tingdene are a standard size and it is unlikely a wheelchair will fit.
At Mother Ivey's Bay wheelchair accessible vans are available on request, subject to availability.
Again, please call us to discuss the family's needs: 020 3117 0651, Monday to Friday, between 10am and 4pm.
14. What time is check in and check out? open accordion arrow
At Tingdene sites, families can check in after 4pm on the day of arrival.
At Mother Ivey's Bay families can check in after 3pm on the day of arrival and if the family plans to arrive after 5pm, please can they notify reception on 01841 520 990.
At both sites, check out on the day of departure is 10am.
15. Can an application or break be carried over to next year? open accordion arrow
No, these offers are for breaks in 2017.
16. What happens if the family can no longer go on the break? open accordion arrow
If a holiday has been offered but the family is no longer able to go, please contact the Family Holiday Association as soon as possible to discuss the situation. We have a long waiting list of families who would love to go on a break and we can offer unwanted holiday dates to another family.
17. What should the family do if they are unhappy with anything during their break? open accordion arrow
We strongly advise families to report any problems during their holiday to the park staff as soon as possible so that they can be resolved.
If the matter is not resolved to the family’s satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint on their behalf to the Family Holiday Association then please contact us within two weeks of the family returning home.
There is an out of hours number at both Tingdene sites that customers can use in an emergency.
18. Are you having problems accessing the application form? open accordion arrow
The short break application form is currently not compatible with Internet Explorer 8 (and earlier versions of Internet Explorer).
In the meantime, try accessing the website from an alternative browser like Google Chrome or Firefox. If this is not possible give us a call on 0203 117 0651.
19. Contact us open accordion arrow
If you have any further queries you can contact the Grants and Projects Team at grants@FamilyHolidayAssociation.org.uk or call 020 3117 0651.
Please note that the Grants and Projects Team phone line is open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.