Cycle to the Ball 18!
Nine intrepid cruise industry cyclists took on an 80 mile cycle challenge to get to the CLIA Winter Forum and Ball.
The team rode from Hampshire to the conference venue in the Cotswolds and battled wind, rain and a few technical difficulties along the way (i.e. a broken bike!) The industry showed their full support for the cyclists and raised over £7,000 in total.
The cyclists were:
- Giles Hawke – UK CEO, Avalon Waterways
- Bernie Carter – senior vice president and managing director, Oceania Cruises
- John Fair – UK sales director, CroisiEurope
- Simon Leeming – head of sales, Waterfront Publishing
- Stuart Leven – vice president EMEA and managing director, Royal Caribbean International
- Dave Mills – vice president and global supply director, Iglu.com
- Tony Roberts, CLIA UK & Ireland chair, UK & Europe vice president Princess Cruises
- Graham Sadler – managing director, Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Robbie White – head of cruise product, Touchdown