Great North Run
Join Team Starfish in the UK’s favourite half marathon!
Broadcast live on the BBC, the Great North Run is one of the world’s biggest and most iconic half marathons. Starting in Newcastle upon Tyne, the 13.1 mile course winds its way over the famous Tyne Bridge and towards the coast of South Shields. The route is lined with supporters, making for a fantastic atmosphere. Over 57,000 runners take on this challenge every year and you could be one of them!
How do I sign up?
The registration deadline for this event has now passed. If you have your own place in the Great North Run, or would like to enquire about a place in our 2020 team, please email Michelle@FamilyHolidayAssociation.org.uk
Why run the Great North Run for the Family Holiday Association?
As a Family Holiday Association runner, you will receive support from us throughout the lead up to the event, as well as the following benefits:
- a place in one of the world’s most iconic half marathons
- a personalised charity running vest to wear on the day
- free charity t-shirts for you and your supporters
- fundraising tips and ideas, and promotional materials such as balloons and stickers
- training and nutritional advice
You will be raising money to help struggling families benefit from a much-needed break. For many, it will be the first time they have ever spent time away from home, seen the sea or played in the sand.