The Big Sahara Challenge
Date(s) - 28/11/2020 - 04/12/2020
Join us on this amazing adventure, where you will really get to experience the sand between your toes!
We’ve teamed up with the lovely people at Tribal Tracks to organise a once in a lifetime 100km trek through the stunning Sahara Desert. You could join fellow supporters for this 7-night trip to Morocco, where you will get to experience the dramatic scenery and camp at night under the spectacular stars. The trip will be fully supported by local guides, fantastic chefs, a Tribal Tracks leader, jeeps and even camels!
The challenge highlights
- Experience the varied terrain and wildlife of the Sahara desert
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases
- Trek between 12-28km per day over 5 days, a total of 100km
- Fully supported trek with camels and desert guides and cooks
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures
- Sleep under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire
- Enjoy the final night celebration (and a hot shower!) to salute the group’s impressive achievement
Sign up today!
It’s easy! Complete the online booking form and pay a non-refundable deposit of £400. You then have two options – you can either pay the remaining trip cost of £1,245 to Tribal Tracks 10 weeks before departure and raise a minimum of £300 for the charity, or commit to raising £2,045 for the Family Holiday Association – and pay nothing further for your trip!
The deadline for booking is the 28th February 2020 and places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- A briefing meeting a few weeks beforehand, so you can meet the rest of your group and ask the Tribal Tracks team any questions
- Return flights between London and Marrakech
- Experienced Tribal Tracks leader
- Shared accommodation in Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou
- Shared tent accommodation on the desert trek
- Supporting in-country guides, jeep support and cooks
- Camel supported trek
- All transfers
- All meals from lunch on arrival to lunch on day of departure
Why fundraise for the Family Holiday Association?
You will be raising money to help struggling families benefit from a much-needed break. For many, it will be the first time they have ever spent time away from home, seen the sea or played in the sand.
By pushing your own limits, you will be lifting families from theirs, helping them to get away from the worries and stress at home and creating some happy memories for them to cherish.
If you have any questions about the trip or the fundraising, please contact Events Manager Michelle Shepherd or call her on 020 3117 0657.