Virtual New Year Run
Date(s) - 01/01/2021 - 31/01/2021
Categories No Categories
Available to runners of all abilities the Virtual New Year Run is designed to get you fit and healthy and energised for the next 12 months, whilst raising vital funds.
Your goal is to rack up the marathon distance of 26.2 miles in January, finishing with one final run on January the 31st.
There is a £25 registration fee but no set fundraising target.
The Virtual Halloween Run is being organised by the Virtual Marathon Series and available through our partnership with Run for Charity.
Simply register to the event through our Run for Charity partner site which will give you access to the Virtual Marathon Series runners portal where you can submit your evidence before or on the big day. You can complete the challenge in the following ways
- 1 x 26.2 miles on the 31st of January
- 2 x 13.1 miles with one of the 2 half marathon being comleted on the 31st of January
- 4 x 10.54Km with the last 10.54km run being completed on the 31st of January
- 8 x 5.27Km with the last 5.27Km being completed on the 31st of january
- 10 x 2.62 miles with the last 2.62 miles being completed on the 31st of January
- 25 x 1.048 miles with the last 1.048 miles completed by the 31st of January
The Virtual New Year Run has a special challenge attached and asks that you complete your marathon distance faster than celebrity funny man Kevin Hart. Kevin Hart’s fastest marathon time was 4:05:06 and was completed at the New York Marathon in 2018. His time gave him an average pace of 9.21 minutes per mile. If you complete the challenge with a time below 4:05:06 you will receive the Virtual Gold medal and be added to our special leaderboard.
The Virtual Marathon Series are also offering a prize to the person who raises the most money for their chosen charity by 31st of January. They will donate £250 to the charity of the winners choice. To apply for the highest fundraiser you will need to send an email to email@example.com with a link to your fundraising page no later than the 1st of February.