Prudential RideLondon goes virtual
The first ever virtual edition of Prudential RideLondon – the world’s greatest festival of cycling – will take place on 15 and 16 August (the event weekend) to celebrate cycling and raise funds to help save the UK’s charities.
The Family Holiday Association, like many other charities, has been hugely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic as fundraising events such as Prudential RideLondon have been either postponed or cancelled.
My Prudential RideLondon offers our supporters, of all ages and abilities, the opportunity to take part in a fantastic challenge and raise crucial funds to help more families experience the joy of a break away from home.
The event is free to enter and can be done anywhere in the world. It offers people the chance to tackle a range of distances based on the events included in the traditional Prudential RideLondon weekend.
How it works
My Prudential RideLondon includes four challenges for all ages and abilities that participants can do on a route of their choice on either 15 or 16 August:
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100: 100-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46: 46-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 19: 19-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle: An event that allows you to set your own challenge (starting from 1km) on the wheels of your choice: bikes, push scooters, skateboards, trikes, balance bikes, roller skates, wheelchairs or anything that is self-propelled (e-bikes are fine too).
If you would like to ride and support the Family Holiday Association please register in advance and select your challenge at www.myridelondon.co.uk. The site will also provide a link to Virgin Money Giving where you can set up a fundraising page.
Once signed up, you’ll be able to download the new My Prudential RideLondon app in event week. This will give every participant and supporter a unique ride day experience, including:
- A GPS function that enables friends and family to follow a rider’s progress on the virtual Prudential RideLondon route
- Creation of a personalised Prudential RideLondon certificate that shows the rider’s completed route and ride time
- Selfie frames to give riders personalised Prudential RideLondon finisher photographs
- Direct donation button through to each rider’s Virgin Money Giving fundraising page
In addition, every rider aged over 18 who registers will have the option of being entered into a fantastic competition that has 25 top-quality prizes available including a brand new Brompton Bicycle valued at more than £1,000, a HIGH5 nutrition bundle worth £250 and top-of-the-range cycling equipment including a SRAM groupset and Zipp wheels.
Participants are asked to follow current Government guidelines on cycling. For more information, click here.
Prudential RideLondon first took place in 2013 as a legacy event from the London 2012 Olympics. In its first seven editions, it has become the world’s greatest festival of cycling, with 100,000 riders of all ages and abilities participating in seven different events on traffic-free roads in London and Surrey. It has inspired hundreds of thousands of people to take up cycling or cycle more often and a total of more than £77 million has been raised for thousands of charities.
Return to Home Page